Following these key steps may keep you from getting a DUI.
This page was created in response to our blog post on Tips to Avoid a DUI Charge to provide a shortened reference one could print out and store in their car.
Step1: The Officer will inquire as to whether you have been drinking.
- Respond by saying: "Officer, if you think I shouldn't be driving let's park my car and I will come back for it tomorrow."
- The Officer will give you a break and the car is parked, thus you have avoided a possible DUI charge -OR-
- The Officer persists, in which he is only out to get evidence against you to charge you with a DUI. In this case follow the next steps:
- Be polite and friendly but refuse to answer any questions (you have that right).
- Refuse to do any roadside exercises (they are voluntary and you are not required by law to do them).
Additional Questions: Call Jeffrey Feiler's Mobile Phone: (305) 586-7492